Teachinguide is growing and changing fast. As we do, we are looking to ensure content creators have the best possible…
Browsing: Course Research
Udemy Course Research
The very first step in your journey to becoming a Udemy online course instructor is the course research phase. If you are already well experienced in your Udemy course topic(s) of choice, it may be tempting to skip this step to online course creation. But even before you settle on your course category or topic, and before choosing a title and creating a landing page for your course, researching Udemy course topics is a key step to ensuring success.
Whether you are new to Udemy or already a Udemy instructor, researching course topics and categories as a matter of ongoing practice can help you gain an advantage over your competitors and improve your chances of making money selling courses on Udemy.
Why and how? There are several good reasons for doing Udemy course research – many of which are highlighted through Teachinguide’s Udemy course database. Here are a few:
- Know how much competition you have in your chosen course topic or category. Understand if there are too many or just a few competitors, who is successful, and why.
- Understand how big the audience may or may not be for your category or topic (topic validation).
- Understand what price people may be willing to pay to take into consideration content and competition.
- There may be niche topics that are valuable to your course category.
- Understand the trend in your chosen topics – are enrollments and/or google searches increasing or decreasing?
- You need to evaluate and understand what keywords related to your Udemy course rank high and what are the keywords and trends.
- Udemy is a very crowded online course marketplace and it is getting more challenging to stand out from the rest in any given course topic.
So, course research helps you to identify your topic more specifically, to evaluate the potential value of creating a Udemy course in this area, and to understand the demand for your topic as well as existing competition.
In this Udemy course research section, Teachinguide covers many areas on how to conduct Udemy course research and which course research tips and tools exist. Themes include:
- Topic/category research
- Keyword research and selection
- Optimizing course titles and categories
- Understanding current student demand for a topic
- Understanding competition for a specific topic
- What channels and tools to utilize to find your next online course topic
- How to validate your chosen topic
- Udemy specific tools for research and validation
By incorporating some of the tips, tools, and ideas for course research included in this section, Teachinguide hopes to guide you in finding the right niche/space to start with on Udemy or to grow into to differentiate your Udemy online course.
Teachinguide’s Udemy course database and analytics app provides a lot of information to help online course instructors research and validate a high potential Udemy course idea. It also provides other information that will help you learn about best practices and how to create a competitive course. Feel free to try it out or reach out to the experts at Teachinguide anytime for assistance in understanding how Teachinguide can help you with your online course research needs.
A quick summary As content creators, you know that defining, creating, producing, optimizing, marketing, selling, and distributing can be a…
Students, working and non-working adults around the world have been at home now for over two months due to the…
Do you have a skill that you can pass on to others? Did you know that you can make money…
Do you have a topic or subject matter that you are good at? Are you interested to earn more money…
Skillshare is the most comparable online course marketplace to Udemy. Both platforms market your online course to the masses and…
Udemy vs. Coursera – which one is for you? There are so many MOOC platforms out there now it can…
In a previous post in which we discussed options for researching online course ideas, one recommendation we made was to…
The Range of Online Learning Platforms Online learning platform solutions can be a confusing market space to navigate as an…
Generating online course ideas that will make money seems to be getting more difficult for the masses of entrepreneurs, who…