Udemy Course ResearchThe very first step in your journey to becoming a Udemy online course instructor is the course research phase. If you are already well experienced in your Udemy course topic(s) of choice, it may be tempting to skip this step to online course creation. But even before you settle on your course category or topic, and before choosing a title and creating a landing page for your course, researching Udemy course topics is a key step to ensuring success. Whether you are new to Udemy or already a Udemy instructor, researching course topics and categories as a matter of ongoing practice can help you gain an advantage over your competitors and improve your chances of making money selling courses on Udemy. Why and how? There are several good reasons for doing Udemy course research - many of which are highlighted through Teachinguide’s Udemy course database. Here are a few:
- Know how much competition you have in your chosen course topic or category. Understand if there are too many or just a few competitors, who is successful, and why.
- Understand how big the audience may or may not be for your category or topic (topic validation).
- Understand what price people may be willing to pay to take into consideration content and competition.
- There may be niche topics that are valuable to your course category.
- Understand the trend in your chosen topics – are enrollments and/or google searches increasing or decreasing?
- You need to evaluate and understand what keywords related to your Udemy course rank high and what are the keywords and trends.
- Udemy is a very crowded online course marketplace and it is getting more challenging to stand out from the rest in any given course topic.
- Topic/category research
- Keyword research and selection
- Optimizing course titles and categories
- Understanding current student demand for a topic
- Understanding competition for a specific topic
- What channels and tools to utilize to find your next online course topic
- How to validate your chosen topic
- Udemy specific tools for research and validation
12Page 2 of 2